DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Remove glass and balls. Turn off game.
- Unplug Stay Puft LED harness and remove nuts from Stay Puft bracket under playfield. Set nuts aside to reattach Stay Puft later in the installation process.
- Lower playfield and lift Stay Puft from playfield.
- Remove hardware from existing Stay Puft bracket and set hardware aside.
- Remove LED harness from bracket. Reattach LEDs to new Stay Puft bracket using spacers and stock hardware.
- Attach new bracket to Stay Puft figurine with stock hardware and orientation shown in photo.
- Lower playfield and remove nuts from plastic #10. Place servo bracket on top of plastic and reattach nuts. Run wire from servo behind playfield backboard so it is hanging down and visible when playfield is raised.
- Place Stay Puft back in place, feeding LED wiring through hole in playfield. DO NOT ATTACH STAY PUFT TO SERVO BRACKET YET.
- Slowly raise playfield (this will ensure figurine does not come out).
Attach Tim's Pinball Mods controller board using nuts from Stay Puft bracket. The connection wires will be on the lowest side when installed. Attach the second nut holding Stay Puft.
- Reach below the playfield and locate the servo wiring noted in step 8. Connect it two the second set of pins shown on the controller board. The yellow wire should be on the furthest pin on the right.
- Reattach LED harness that was disconnected in step 2.
- Locate Node board 9A and unplug the connections on CN2 and CN3.
Plug the 6-pin adapter cable into the board and plug the 6-pin connector you removed from the board previously into the white connector on the adapter cable. Repeat this process for the 4-pin connector.
- Run wires from board along wiring harness on playfield (tie back using wire ties if desired). Attach the connectors from the adapter cables to the controller board cables. Each of the cables are labeled with red and white tape to make matching the proper connections easier (connectors are also keyed so they cannot be incorrectly attached). Connect the two connectors with red tape together, then connect the two connectors with white tape together.
- Lower the playfield and remove the backing from the tape on the servo. Attach bracket to the back of Stay Puft centered and just below the blue collar. Press firmly to ensure proper adhesion. Tape will increase adhesive strength as it sets.
- Replace balls and start a game with glass off. Test to ensure Stay Puft is working by activating Storage Facility (hit the captive balls in front of library) until you see Storage Facility insert lit. Stay Puft will begin moving and stay moving for 15 seconds. He will center himself at the end of the sequence.
Note: you may here a clicking sound produced by the board when Storage Facility light is on during attract mode. This is completely normal and is no cause for concern. There is no way to disable it and keep the functionality of the board. You should only be able to hear this in a quiet room during attract mode.
- OPTIONAL STEP FOR THOSE WITH TIGHT BUILDING PLASTIC CLEARANCE.
If you find Stay Puft has too tight a tolerance with the upright building plastic in front of him, remove the screw holding the plastic (access under the ramp). Attach foam tape on back side of bracket to hold building in place and increase tolerances.
Copyright Mezel Mods and Tim's Pinball Mods- 2017. Because stealing is wrong and mean.