DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Remove the apron on the playfield by removing the two screws on the 'front' of the apron, facing the player, then pushing the apron towards the center of the playfield to unhook the 'back' of it from the actual playfield surface.
- Remove the State Fair Pop Bumper top. It is fastened to the playfield with two 1/4" hex head screws. Be careful when setting it aside, as it appears to be handpainted and can scratch easily.
- Take the SF Lightbulb provided in the kit and run one wire down each of the two holes INSIDE the pop bumper 'cup' or base. The LED does not need to be smashed down inside the cup, as the pop bumper cap actually 'hovers' over the cup and also has an indention in it.
- You can either run all of the wire down into those holes now, leaving only the LED bulb in the pop bumper 'cup', or you can start them from the top and then pull the wires trough underneath the playfield. You'll want to run them immediately out the 'back' of the pop bumper assembly under the playfield through two small holes.
- ALL of the wire under the playfield runs through this second set of holes. Be sure to keep the wire clear of any switches or mechanisms underneath playfield.
- Locate the included harness from the SF Kit and the two white B crimp connectors. Insert one wire from the LED AND one wire from the harness into the larger hole in the crimp connector, side by side. Make sure both wires are as far into the sleeve as possible. With a pair of pliers, or a similar tool, smash the B crimp connector together. The inside of the sleeve is filled with spikes, similar to an iron maiden. The spikes sink into the wires and create a permanent connection. You may need to smash the connector in a few spots to sink into the wires, if they were not pushed in far enough. Links to images of this process are located at the bottom of this article.
- Repeat step #4 with the other B crimp connector on the other LED wire and harness wire.
- Unplug the molex connector for the Wizard Spotlight on the upper right side of the playfield, when in the upright position. Plug in the SF Kit harness on both sides. It can only be attached in one position. The plug is located between LEDs #25 and #26 on my game, above the larger LED board that looks kinda like a swan with it's head down. CAUTION: there are TWO connectors here. You want the connector that goes to the spoltlight. It typically has a thicker gauge wire, baby blue and black wire. DO NOT plug it into the other connector.
- Use the provided wire ties to secure the wire from the LED to the harness under the playfield. Again, be sure not to obstruct any mechanisms when doing so.
- Make sure the coin door is open, and then turn the game on. Wait for it to boot up, then take a look at the LED. It should be lit! Turn the game back off and replace the State Fair pop bumper cap and apron. You're done!
Copyright Mezel Mods- 2016. All rights reserved. Because stealing is wrong and mean.