DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Remove balls and lift playfield. Unplug all wires from light relay switch and remove. Note: you will not use this switch with the new mod.
- Unscrew the nut from starter button and set aside.
- Insert the led into the main body of the key mod aligning so the wire fits into the notch. Insert the main body into the start button hole. Note that the notch must be facing upwards to align with the notch in the hole.
- Inside the game, feed the two lighting wires underneath the notch in the provided washer. The washer should sit flush with the cabinet with the notch pointing skyward - the wires should be flat against the cabinet, with the washer protecting them from the nut that will be installed in the next step.
- While holding the washer to ensure that the wires underneath it do not slip out, tighten the provided nut down onto the key body -- do not over tighten. Note: if you are unable to tighten the washer due to clearance, remove the main assembly and attach the nut, tightening it down so that the key mechanism fully seats into the front face plate.
- Plug red wire from mod into yellow wire with blue strip on machine. Plug blue (or black) wire into red with grey dashes on machine.
- Attach wire extension that came with mod at tab ends to the white with orange strip and green with brown dashes wires.
- Plug other end of wire extension into ignition assembly. Note there is no polarity.
- Lower playfield, replace balls and turn machine power on. Start up the motor and enjoy the ZZ Top while running from the cops.
Copyright Mezel Mods- 2016. All rights reserved. Because stealing is wrong and mean.