DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please review our Disclaimer (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
NOTE: Wires on this product are VERY fragile. Be gentle when handling wires- avoid tugging as connections are easily broken.
- Remove the phillips screw and post from the spotlight that connects to the Wizard Head Plastic/Toto plastic. DO NOT cut the ziptie around the post, you can just slide it off, then slide it back on later.
- It’s probably easiest to remove the Wizard Head Plastic now, while it’s still stable. You can use a small phillips screwdriver or, ideally, a 3/16” nutdriver and a ¼” socket wrench or adjustable wrench to remove the two black screws on the lower part of the Wizard Head Plastic. BE AWARE - the screws, nuts and washers used here are very small and easy to drop. Keep a magnet or nimble fingers handy. Once the screws are removed, place the Wizard Head Plastic in a safe place so it doesn’t get scratched up.
- You can now remove the nuts holding the Toto plastic in place. You do not need to remove the plastic, it can just be kept there loosely. Be gentle when pulling it off of the screw posts, its a tight fit. BONUS - if you have the plastic protectors from LockWhenLit.com, you can install the Toto plastic protector now without removing any other parts!
- The rubber under the plastic will need to be removed on the ‘lower’ side for ease of installation of the Fire Pots mod. You do not need to completely remove the rubber.
- OK! Now you can start installing the Fire Pots Mod! First unplug the wires inline.
You will need to guide the two wire leads from the fire pots down through the hole in the Toto plastic, behind the posts/rubber and down through the hole in the playfield under the Toto plastic. They basically will follow the same path as the wires on the spotlight and the Wizard Head Plastic LED strip. DO NOT OVERWORK THE WIRES! These are tiny wires! Be patient and gentle when guiding them into place. They should make it through the transitions without a problem, but it is a fairly tight fit. Go slow and guide one lead at a time.
- Underneath the playfield, you can now install the harness. Don’t button up the top yet, let’s make sure everything fits and connects smoothly first.
- To install the harness, find the connection that brings power to the spotlight above the Toto plastic. It should be a two-hole plastic, possibly with two light blue wires leading into it. It is NOT the one with black/yellow wires. Simply unplug it and plug the Fire Pot harness into it on each end. You are essentially adding a ‘joint’ to this connection. If you have the MezelMods State Fair mod, it’s probably already plugged in here. Just unplug one side of that and plug the Fire Pot harness into it. It’ll be tight here too! Make sure the wires are clear and not stressed.
- Plug in the Fire Pot leads to the harness. It doesn’t matter which lead goes to which end on the harness, but you want the RED wire to connect to the side of the harness with the RED dot on it. Look closely, its small. They simply push in to connect.
- At this point, I prefer to turn the game on WITH THE COINDOOR OPEN, just to make sure the Fire Pots light up and no wires were damaged during installation. Again, these wires are tiny! Be gentle! Once you power on and see the Fire Pots light up, let the game finish booting up, and then you can power it down and finish the installation.
- Reverse the steps to finish the install. Don’t forget to put the rubber under the Toto plastic back into place. It’s probably best to attach the Fire Pots to the Wizard Head Plastic now, just so you can get the slack out and get a good fit. I gently mounted the LED base for the Wizard Head Plastic so that it was easier to work with. Basically, the Fire Pots go on the front of the bracket that holds the Wizard Head Plastic in place. You use the factory screws, washers and nuts. BE GENTLE when you’re tightening those screws! You don’t want to crack anything. I don’t know if the Wizard Head Plastic can be damaged by over tightening, so let’s not find out. DON’T pinch the leads when you are putting the Toto plastic back. You might have to gently push them out of the way with screwdriver if it looks like the plastic is going to pinch them. You can look in at the side of the plastic to get a good view on the clearance between the lead and the plastic. Be gentle putting that plastic back on the screw posts too. It’s TIGHT. Put the nuts back in place.
- Put the post back in place, and you can tighten it up with that ¼” wrench you used earlier, or a ¼” nut-driver- GENTLY so you don’t mess up the Toto Plastic. Then you can slip the zip tie over the post and replace the phillips screw on the spotlight.
- You should be good to go now! Enjoy! If we left anything out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your purchase of the MezelMods Fire Pot Mod!
Copyright Mezel Mods- 2016. All rights reserved. Because stealing is wrong and mean.