DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Turn off machine power, remove balls and lift playfield.
- Unplug IDC plug from drop target bank board as shown.
- Unscrew six screws to take off the circuit board next to drop target bank.
- Unscrew and remove the LED bracket behind the drop targets. Remove the LED and replace the bracket without the LED.
- Carefully remove the springs, C clips (using needle nose pliers) and washers from existing drop targets. NOTE: these parts easily fly off and drop away; take your time with this step. Remove side spring from each of the three targets. NOTE: the washers from the bottom posts will not be used in final assembly.
- Put the outside springs on the new drop targets. It is easier to put these on while the targets are removed from the drop target mechanism.
- Remove the existing targets in the mechanism and replace with Mezelmods targets. Re-install the washer, spring, washer and C clip on top posts (use order shown in photo below). Replace only C clips on bottom posts. Test drop target mechanism by pushing all three targets up, then manually drop the targets from the playfield to ensure they operate properly (targets stay up when lifted and go down when manually dropped).
- Replace the circuit board on the drop target mechanism and install right three screws.
- Take Mezelmods LED bracket and place on top of circuit board. Line up with left (top) screw holes on the board. Attach bracket and board with top 3 screws.
- Reattach IDC plug to circuit board.
- Find the 3 supplies LED plugs. Remove each plug by squeezing on either side of the tabs to release. Replace with the new bulbs in each plug as shown below.
- Take the black lead and attach to the plug with the red LED. Attach the black lead to the yellow wire so it makes connection with the copper on the inside of the plug. Clip can be attached with one side inside and one outside. Attach the red lead to the opening without the wire. Again be sure to make connection with the copper inside the plug. DO NOT ATTACH LEADS TO OPENING WITH RED WIRE.
- Repeat the process for the next two LEDs- take note that location of yellow and red wire will not be exactly the same from plug to plug.
- Lower playfield and turn machine on. Check to ensure both the drop target LEDs and insert LEDs light up. If one is not working, go back and adjust bulbs or connections.
Copyright Mezel Mods- 2016. All rights reserved. Because stealing is wrong and mean.