DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
For additional information on the prison tower installation, please see this video.
Splice Connector Tutorial
The splice connector uses a clamping metal blade to lock down on two wires, creating a single connection point without the need to solder
The terminal slot is the top hole shown in the photo and is used for the wire from your mod.
You’ll notice this slot has a terminal point inside which does not allow the wire to feed all the way through (terminal slot). The run slot is the bottom hole shown in the photo and is for the wire you’ll be connecting to in your game. You’ll notice this the run slot is open all the way through.
To ensure your wire on the top is fed all the way to the terminal point, feed the mod wire into the terminal slot and mark it on the outside using a marker. This will prevent you from closing the splice connector without making a connection.
To make the connection, utilize pliers to carefully push the metal blade down into connector. Close plastic bracket around splice connector.
DO NOT close plastic bracket until after pushing in metal piece with pliers.
- Remove nut to the left of the right ramp under the backboard. Use two hands as shown in photo.
- Remove backing from double sided tape on tower bracket. Install Prison Tower by sliding bracket on top of the screw. Place nut back on screw and start the nut with two hands, then tighten (photo above).
- Run wires under bike ramp (left ramp) through to back of playfield. Remove balls and lift play field.
- The prison tower mod attaches to the white and red prison flashers. The mod LED colors flash with the opposite color from the games prison flashers (white light flashes with red, red light flashes with white). Locate the two prison flashers using the photo.
- Locate the 3-pin IDC from the games white prison flasher and unplug. Reattach using red and white 3-pin IDC Tower connectors (photo).
- Locate the red prison flasher connection (2-pin IDC) and attach in-line splice connectors as detailed in this article, connecting the black wire from the Prison Tower mod to the black wire on the prison flasher and the red wire from the mod to the orange wire on the prison flasher.
- Slide the black wire from the prison tower into the run slot of the splice connector (photo). Run the black wire from the Prison tower into the terminal slot of the splice connector. Ensure the mod wire is inserted all the way to the terminal point inside the splice. Use pliers to push metal blade into connector (see tutorial above). Close plastic bracket around splice connector. Repeat with second connection on the orange wire attached to the flasher (photo). Installation is now complete.
SERVICE UPDATE: INCORRECT IDC INSTALLATION
Some units have shipped with the red IDC connections backwards. To check for this issues, compare your connections to the photo below. If your unit matches the photo, your connectors are properly installed.
If your connectors are opposite direction or the wire placement is swapped, during installation, you will need to turn the connectors around to match the wire colors on the game (black to black, red to red). The wire color from the mod to the game should line up, black to black and red to red.
Copyright Mezel Mods- 2016. All rights reserved. Because stealing is wrong and mean.