- Power off the game. Remove glass and pinballs. Lift the playfield.
- Locate your games scoop or vertical upkick (VUK) mechanism. Look for an opening on the mechanism where the LED can be mounted so as to shine into the scoop hole.
- Attach the LED board to the outside left of the scoop hole such that the LED shines into the scoop.
- Utilize a hex nut driver to remove the factory bulb. (Note: photos show generic installation photos; your specific installation will look different).
- Remove the existing bulb by pushing in slightly while twisting and replace with the bulb provided. Push in and twist until it locks into place. You can also adjust the height of the bulbs dome so that it is closer to the top of the bayonet. Reattach the bayonet to the bottom of the playfield.
- INTERACTIVE LIGHT SENSOR INSTALLATION:
Attach the wiring from the Interactive Lighting Kit to the replacement bulb wiring in the previous step.
- Locate the desired trigger for the scoop light (choose what you want to trigger the scoop to light up). Unscrew the LED board using a screw driver or hex nut driver.
- Slide the light sensor wiring through the bracket for next step. Plug the wiring from the GI bulb (step 7) and from the scoop light (step 3) into the Light Sensor board. The Light Sensor board features a sensitivity adjustment (shown with arrow) to fine tune the triggering of the lighting feature. A small screw driver is required to make sensitivity adjustments. See below for details on making these adjustments.
- Reattach the LED board with bracket underneath to the playfield leaving enough slack in the light sensor wiring to put the light sensor under the trigger light.
- Next, position the light sensor so that it is pointing toward the LED inside the insert. The more the sensor is blocked by the LED board from other lighting, the better.
- Tidy up the wiring along other wiring in the game. Please note you will likely have longer wiring than is required for your particular installation. ILS kits come with standard lighting lengths for a variety of uses.
- Lower the playfield and turn on your game to test the features functionality. Open the Diagnostics menu and navigate to LED test. Use the flipper buttons to navigate to the appropriate trigger light. Ensure that the scoop is illuminating with the trigger light.
Light Sensitivity Adjustments
Once the ILS board is installed you may find that the output light may have some ghosting (slightly lit at all times) or that it isn't lighting bright enough. This is where the sensitivity adjustment comes into play.
Take great care when adjusting the ILS sensitivity screw, it is a small delicate item. It is best to do these adjustments with the power off for safety. Turning the adjustment clockwise will make the sensor less sensitive to light, and counter-clockwise more sensitive to light. If the output light is staying lit when the signal LED is off (ghosting), turn the adjustment a hair clockwise and test again, repeat until the desired effect is achieved. This may result in a slightly dimmer output light if over
The goal is to have as bright a light as possible without any ghosting.If the output light is too dim, turn the adjustment counter-clockwise a hair and re-test, repeat until the controlled
light is bright, and has no ghosting.