These instructions are applicable to the following products:
- All MM-BACKBOARD-CC-[COLOR]
DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Turn off the power, remove the glass from the game. Lift the playfield so you can access the bottom of the backbox.
- Locate the wooden runner (long narrow piece of wood that runs under the backbox above where the glass slides in).
- Using the tape provided, attach the LED strip to either the bottom side of this piece (so light points downward onto the playfield) or on the side perpendicular to the backbox (so the strip shines directly on the back panel). We recommend this determination be made while the game is on so the LED can be tested in the two positions prior to attaching permanently.
- Run the wires through up inside the backbox from the playfield in the left corner.
- Remove backglass and locate the Solenoid Driver board. Look for the J108 connector.
- Disconnect the game connector and utilize the Chicago Coin Power Adapter to tap into the power- connect the end connector on the power adapter to the J108 connection and attach the games connector to the second connector.
- Plug the backboard LED into the power adapter and installation is complete!
Please sign in to leave a comment.