DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
This product is compliant with the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) (2001/95/EC) of the European Union.
Your topper includes the following parts:
- Quantum Electric box (QE Box)
- Acrylic with one large and and two small silver parts
- Two translucent wedges to support acrylic
- Replacement hardware for attaching topper
- #25 Tamper resistant driver for removing factory hardware
- JJP Power Adapter
Prepare Topper for Installation
- Place acrylic part into slot on the QE box. Be sure that the acrylic settles all the way to the bottom of the box. The box has a groove on either side that the acrylic should settle into.
- Remove the backing on one side of the wedges. Push the acrylic forward (towards the front of the topper) and press the wedge against the backside of the acrylic. Be sure the bottom of the wedge is flush with the top of the QE box. The wedges should be placed behind the smaller silver pieces.
- Once both wedges are in place, remove the acrylic. Remove the backing from tape on the bottom piece of the largest center piece on the topper. Next, remove the tape backing from the bottom of the bottom of the wedges. Place acrylic back into the slot. Squeeze the wedge onto the top of the box. Do not push down on the wedge without supporting the underside of the box.
- Remove two stock screws from top of game using #25 Tamper resistant driver. Remove washers from stock hardware.
- If you have the Standard Edition game, unplug the camera 'flash box'. This box will not be visible with the topper.
- Place the topper on top of the game, aligning holes in bottom of QE box with holes in backbox. Place washers from stock hardware on new hardware and screw in to place.
- Feed LED strip through hole in the top of backbox.
LED Power Installation
- Remove the back glass and free the screen. The screen can by freed by rotating the wooden stopper and lifting the latch. This must be done on both sides.
- Feed the LED wiring behind the speaker on the left and follow the game wiring on the left, using the wire clip to secure.
- Attach the wiring harness to the games topper connector in lower left corner of backbox. It has the matching connector (3-pin molex) to the one on your topper wiring harness.
- Replace the screen and back glass. You can use the LED controller (on the wire, near the topper) to change the mode of the LED.
Installation is complete! Enjoy your new topper!