DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Turn off the game, remove the balls and take off the glass. Lift the playfield and identify drop target assembly.
- At the "head" of the assembly are 4 screws. These will need to be removed. Disassemble assembly. Remove original drop target and replace with our mod.
- Use the following image to disassemble and reassemble. This assembly schematic can be daunting as it shows more than what you actually need to remove. Have a look at the orientation of the washers holding the drop target in. Their order is important. There are E-Rings (11 as per diagram) on both bolts holding the drop target in. On the top bolt there is a spring. When the E-rings are removed it will want to launch the washers. Be prepared for this. When reassembling, be sure the switch arm is in the right location.
- Once you've reassembled the drop target bank, reattach the four screws from Step 2.
- Install the LED board with bracket on the drop target mechanism, being sure that it has clearance for the solenoid and target mechanism to move. The LED should be facing toward the underside of the playfield and pointed into the hole for the target.
- Run the wiring from the LED board up the left side of the game, along the wiring artery. Locate a GI socket along the outside edge of the playfield. Using a hex head driver, remove the GI socket from the playfield. Take the factory GI bulb out of the socket by pushing down while turning. Replace with the socket bulb provided with the mod, running the wire connector down under the playfield. Reattach the GI socket to the playfield. Attach the LED board connector to the wiring from the bulb.
Photo shows installation of the wiring on the second bulb in the highlighted square.
- Turn on the game to test function of the LEDs and drop target. Installation is complete!