DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
1. On the topside of the playfield, remove the nut holding the left ramp on. Remove both washer and the nut and put to the side.
2. Feed the small JST connector under the plastic that you loosened and fish it through the oval hole under said plastic. Ignore JST connector coming from the mod in the picture below.
3. Pull any loose wire thru to the underside of the playfield. Replace the hardware and the Drag Light in the following order from bottom up: washer, ramp, washer, mod bracket, nut.
There are 2 versions of this mod. The original V1 is an IDC/board connection and V2 is a bulb connection.
V2 Bulb Connection
4. Identify the bulb that illuminates the "Laboratory Runoff" insert by the pop bumpers.
5. Attach drag light to spare JST connection on the bulb.
6. Remove OEM bulb and replace with our bulb. Be sure the LED attached to the bulb is facing the green insert.
V1: IDC Connection
4. Identify Node Board 9a. Then find connection CN3.
5. Detach stock IDC and replace with provided IDC. Re-attach stock IDC to our zconnect.
6. Attach Drag light to IDC assembly.