DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
For a video overview of how to remove and install new drop targets in a Stern Bank, check out this video.
- Turn off game power, remove glass and balls.
- Lift the playfield into an upright position and locate the target bank mechanism.
- Unplug the connector on the board attached to the target bank. Note, you may need to utilize a flat head screw driver to get the connector off the board. Place the screw driver in between the connector and the pins to carefully pry loose.
- Unplug the molex connector from drop target solenoid.
- Using a nut driver, remove the drop target assembly from the game and place it on a flat, clean work surface.
- Place the target bank board side up on the work surface and utilize a Phillips head screw driver to remove the eight screws holding the board in place. Set aside.
- With board removed, utilize needle nose pliers to carefully remove the C-clips. Please note, these clips can fly off very easily so be sure to hold your hand over the clip to ensure it doesn't disappear during removal.
- Remove all C-clips, washers and springs, placing them in a safe place. Take note of the order they are installed or utilize the diagram below. The parts are reinstalled in reverse order from their removal.
- Unhook spring holding target to mechanism taking care to put springs in a safe location.
- Attach target decals to translucent version. At this step you can either remove the target decals from the factory targets or remove the back up decals from the bag of parts included inside the cabinet of your game.
- Place each target, decal side down, back on to bank mechanism. Reattach springs to each of the targets.
- Replace washer, spring and C-clip parts to target posts taking care to follow order in diagram above. Please ensure that you match the spacing on the top most post shown in the photo in step 7.
- Prior to re-installation of the bank, attach the illumination bracket. Use a nut driver and a 1/4" wrench (on the bottom of the post above the playfield) to take off the ramp post nuts. Attach the bracket with the LED facing toward the targets and wiring to the right.
- Locate a GI socket on the far right side of the playfield. Remove the socket using a hex driver on screw then remove the bulb by twisting the factory bulb while pushing down to remove. Replace the bulb with the Frosted replacement, adjusting the frosted dome so that it is close to the top of the bayonet (shown in second photo).
- Utilize nut driver to re-install socket. Turn on game power to test LED functionality. If you have power issues with the LED, please see this support article.