DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
1. Raise the playfield so it is resting on the front of the machine. This will allow you to get behind the backboard.
2. Identify the back right dome flasher, trace the wiring behind the backboard, and snip the ziptie holding all the wires together.
3. Remove the OEM dome flasher. Keep the screws and nuts, we will be using them shortly. The LED should now be dangling freely.
4. If you purchased a backboard illumination use the #44 bayonet with no LED on it. If you have not purchased a backboard illumination use the #44 bayonet with a frosted dome LED on it. In the following images we are using the #44 frosted dome LED.
Identify the rightmost LED socket on the backboard. Remove the screw on the back. This will free the socket. Insert the appropriate #44 bayonet. The wire should feed back into the backboard, leaving the connection out of view of the player. Screw the socket to the backboard.
5. From the front of the backboard, feed the 12" matrix wire (connected to the LED board we provided) into the hole the OEM dome flasher (step 3, white LED board) goes thru. Connect the matrix wire to the bayonet you installed in step 4.
6. Screw the LED board (green board) to where the OEM dome flasher was.
7. Remove the backing from the tape on the "clear" part on the back of Castle Byers. Insert the OEM flasher (white LED board) into this. The LED should be facing into Castle Byers.
8. Using the thin white backed tape provided, apply to the edge of the hole where the OEM dome flasher was. Remove the backing and gently press the tree trunk into the hole.
9. Using the grey 3M tape provided, place a section over the screws for both optical sensors on the right ramp. Firmly but gently press Castle Byers into position.