DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
For a video overview of how to remove and install new drop targets in a Stern Bank, check out this video.
PLEASE NOTE: PLAYFIELD PHOTOS PICTURED HERE WILL VARY FROM YOUR DEADPOOL PLAYFIELD; THE PROCEDURE HOWEVER IS THE SAME. WIRE COLORING AND SURROUNDING FEATURES WILL VARY
- Prepare the necessary tools and work space for the installation. You will need the following:
- Needle nose pliers
- Small flat head screw driver
- Philips head screw driver
- 1/4" nut driver
- Flat work area, free of parts and clutter
- For installation you can use either the replacement decals or you can remove the target decals from your factory targets. See the end of this article for a DIY target set created by one of our customers.
- Turn off your games power, remove the glass and pinballs. Lift the playfield into standing position.
- Locate the target bank in the middle right of the playfield.
- Remove the board connector (shown in photo). You can gently use the small flat head screw driver to help pry the connector off the pins. NOTE: your board may be slightly different than the one pictured.
- Unplug solenoid wiring harness and the board connector (wires will be a different color from those shown).
- Utilize the 1/4" nut driver to detach target bank mechanism from playfield. Place bank on a workspace, clear from clutter and with ample room.
- Utilize a Philips screwdriver to remove the board from the target bank.
- With the board removed, snap a quick photo of the bank from the side to aid in reassembling the parts in the correct order (a good practice to get into when taking pinball mechanisms apart).
- Beginning with one target, remove the spring attaching the target to the bank.
- Utilize the small flat headed screw driver to carefully pry the c/e clip from the target, holding your and over the clip to ensure it doesn't spring off and become misplaced.
- Remove all parts from first target and place in the following order (this is very helpful for reinstallation):
- Repeat above steps for all three targets.
- Take the target decals (either remove from stock targets or use replacement decals) and attach to the replacement targets.
- Install targets, one at a time, beginning with part labeled 1 in the step 11. To reinstall the c/e clip, utilize the needle nose pliers to push the clip back on to the post, using your fingers to guide the clip back into place. Repeat for each target. Reattach springs to each target. Double check your reassembly to the photo taken in step 8.
- Reattach board on top of targets.
- Reattach target bank to playfield, using hex driver. Attach solenoid wiring and board wiring (see photos in step 5).
- Utilize the hex nut driver to remove a concealed GI bulb assembly.
- Remove the factory bulb by pushing down and twisting. Install the replacement bulb, adjusting dome so that it is close to bayonet. Reattach GI bulb assembly to playfield.
- Attach the adhesive backing to the target bracket as shown.
- nstall the target bracket with the LED facing toward the bank. Be sure sufficient clearance exists between target and bracket. Several of the notched areas will not be in use however ensure one is aligned over the switch bracket as indicated in the second photo. Firmly press on the target to activate the adhesive.
- Lower playfield, turn on game power and test target bank either via game play or using your games diagnostics menu.
Here is a technique recommended by customer William Tatum to customize the factory target decals for this product.
At Step 13, utlize a razor blade or exact knife to remove factory target decals. Next carefully cut out the character artwork from the target and apply to the new targets.
Here is what the targets will look like in the bank.
Installation is complete.