These instructions are applicable to the following products:
DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
NOTE: This product requires the replacement of one of your GI bulbs with a frosted white dome bulb. If you prefer not to utilize the replacement bulb, a set of alligator clips can be utilized instead. Please note that alligator clips are not intended for permanent connections and can come loose potentially causing shorts.
- Turn off the game and remove the glass. Remove balls and slide playfield onto service rails.
- Attach bracket with shorter side wire to the left ramp by sticking it to the top of the acrylic. Face LED away from the cabinet wall to prevent light from spilling over into the cabinet.
- Attach the bracket with the longer wire to the right ramp opening (sewage hole). Once you've attached this bracket, you'll want to adjust the placement to achieve the desired lighting effect.
- Lift playfield into a standing position and locate the lower most GI socket. Remove the socket using a hex driver on screw shown.
- Next, remove the factory bulb by pushing down and twisting. Adjust frosted dome so that it is as close as possible to bayonet. Reattach bayonet to game. Reattach the GI socket. If desired, you can utilize the alligator clips (included) instead of replacing this bulb.
- Plug in the ramp connection to Matrix bulb.
- Lower playfield and turn game power on. Observe lighting effects and make any adjustments to placement desired prior to returning playfield into the cabinet. Having trouble with LED illuminating? See our support article on JST connector troubleshooting here.
- Installation is complete!