DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
This mod is not powered in a traditional way. In looking for an interesting way to make the cannon interactive, we developed a board (the MSC Board included) that can use 12V from the backbox to power a light that is triggered by a 5V signal. In this case, when the pop bumpers light up red they will trigger the optoisolator circuit to open with 12V from the backbox for the cannon. Pay careful attention to the labeling on the MSC Board and which wires connect where - as incorrect installation will result in malfunction.
1. Feed the wire from the cannon body underneath the rocking ship on the upper right of the play field. Underneath, you should see the bundle of wires controlling the ship protruding through a hole in the play field. Carefully insert the cannon wires along with this bundle through the play field hole.
2. Connect the included molex plug to your JJP power adapter in the backbox of the game. If you have not installed a JJP power adapter (not included with Cannon) - please refer to this installation guide.
3. For the remaining steps of the installation process, we will be working underneath the play field. Take note of the highlighted area in the photo - this is where we will be completing the next few steps.
4. Unplug the orange factory pop bumper cable. If your factory cabling is not orange, take note of the position of our plug and unplug the one that corresponds with your machine.
5. We've included a pop bumper jumper cable with the cannon kit. Go ahead and plug it in where the orange plug was removed.
6. Plug the orange pop bumper plug into the other end of the jumper cabling.
7. Take the "MSC Board" included with the cannon and locate the port on the side of the enclosure labeled "IN" - now plug the wire from your JJP Power Tap in the backbox (refer to step 2) into the connector on this port.
8. Locate the port labeled "MOD" on the enclosure and plug in the wire from the cannon into the connector on the port (refer to step 1).
9. Take the backing off of the tape included on the back side of the MSC Board. Carefully adjust wires in the vicinity of the the clear/white structural piece to the left of the pop bumper cable to accommodate the MSC Board. Then attach the MSC Board to the structural member as shown (photo shows board attached from the rear).
10. Plug in the jumper coming off of the new pop bumper cabling into the last port of the MSC Board labeled "SIG." Now adjust the control knob to 12V so that the cannon light gets enough power. Note that using a lower voltage will not damage the mod, but will result in insufficient lighting.