DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
Removal of the Factory Tower
- Begin by lifting up the playfield and resting it on the backbox. You'll see that we are using protective blades for our cabinet. Feel free to use something similar or take caution to prevent damage to the cabinet.
- Look for the bottom left of the playfield. There is a hole here that the tower light wires come through. The connector has two pins and a small clip. Unplug this connector and replace the playfield.
- There are two small black screws on the right side of the tower that hold the it in place. Remove these two screws with a screw driver. Store them somewhere safe under the playfield as they will not be needed for the replacement tower.
- There is also a one screw (not pictured) on the left side of the tower. This screw requires that you pull the playfield out and up in order to access it.
- Carefully remove the factory tower by lifting up.
Installation of Replacement Tower
Note that your Tower may differ slightly that the one pictured in these instructions. Our mods may by updated slightly to improve function, fit, or installation/manufacturing simplicity over time.
- Feed the lighting cable into the same hole in the playfield that the replacement one was removed from. You may need to flip the playfield up in order to pull the slack through the hole. Sometimes the cable can tangle and/or prevent the replacement tower from fitting on lock mechanism properly. Keeping the slack as taught as possible will ease the installation.
- Start to slip the replacement tower onto the locking mechanism. Make sure that the cable for the light goes to the rear of the mechanism and that it does not obstruct you from sliding the tower as far down as it will go.
- You may need to flip up the playfield and pull more slack through if necessary.
- Press the replacement tower all the way down onto the locking mechanism. The lock lights on the mech should be covered by the left side of the tower.
- Plug in the light for the replacement tower where the other one was unplugged.