DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
NOTE: These are the instructions for the PRO version of the Drake Mod. For the PREM/LE, click here.
- Turn off machine, remove glass and balls.
- Using a small Philips head screw driver, remove four screws in roof of Drake building; set aside hardware. Factory plastic is not used in final installation.
- Lift playfield into upright position and locate the two GI (general illumination bulbs directly below and behind the Drake building.
- Use a 1/4" hex head driver to remove both GI bulb sockets from under playfield. For more information on how to remove and replace a bayonet bulb, see this support article.
Push down and twist to remove the red factory bulb (with red band), then install red replacement bulb (with red band). Repeat the process for the white factory bulb (with white band). Push both bulb heads down so they are closer to the silver base (bulb socket) and more compact. DO NOT REINSTALL SOCKETS AT THIS STEP.
- Unplug the Heat Ray flasher connection (shown below, left) and plug in Mini-fit jumper harness (shown below , right) in-line with both sides of factory wiring.
Now each of the wires for these three connections will be fed up through the playfield and into the Drake building. Use the procedure that follows to feed each wire (attached to the two bulbs and the Mini-Fit jumper) through the bottom of the playfield.
- Lower the playfield on to the service rails, with the playfield fully extended. Reach behind the backboard and reach under the playfield to locate the wiring harnesses installed in previous steps. Grab one wire at a time and feed through hole where GI bulbs are removed in step 5.
- Fish wire through acrylic pieces by gently pressing down on one and feeding connector through. This step takes some time and patience or a second set of hands. A set of long tweezers or similar low profile tool for grading the wire can be helpful for this step.
- Feed wire around outside of wire ramp and into building (so that wire does not interfere with the ball). Repeat steps 6-7 for all three wires.
- Take the white flasher (pictured with blue bracket) and utilize the adhesive tape pad included to attach as shown to the clear acrylic plastic inside the building. Attach the wiring with the blue marking to the white flasher disc (this wiring is attached to the white GI bulb under the playfield).
- Remove the rear-most screw in the Drake and attach the black Pad Light bracket with the two large flat lights using the factory hardware screw. Note: bracket color/shape may differ slightly.
- Utilize screw driver to remove front of Drake building (remove two screws, upper and lower). Tilt plastic forward carefully and remove. Set aside building front.
- Install strip LED bracket as shown using adhesive tape included in package. Set slightly back from building façade to avoid LED hotspots.
- Run wiring from bottom of building behind ramp and up into building.
Note, once the wiring has been fed into the building and reattached, adjust it to ensure the wire is outside of the balls path from the building to the ramp.
- Attach wiring harnesses using the following two photos.
-- White GI wiring (blue zip tie) to White Flasher Bracket
-- Red GI wiring (red zip tie) to Pad Light Bracket with matching red tie
-- Strip LED wiring harness (from step 12) to splitter on Pad Light bracket
Utilize your game diagnostics to ensure lighting is correctly attached. Test using the GI and flasher test to ensure the lights are working according to the diagram in step 14.
- Once you have confirmed the lighting is attached properly, reattach the GI bulb sockets removed in step 4.
- Replace front of Drake building by pushing up slightly on clear acrylic on lower part of building and sliding acrylic into place.
- Place the red diffuser and building facade over the top of the existing building, aligning the opening in the red film with the front building face and secure it using the factory screw.
- Repeat this process by removing the top screw on the side of building, and place red diffuser and facade in place. Reattach using factory screw.
- Screw on the new roof (factory plastic not utilized) using the same screws removed in the first step. These screws are a tight fit into the replacement roof.
- The finished installation should look like this: