These instructions are applicable to the following products:
DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
For additional information regarding drop target bank removal and installation, please see our You Tube Video.
While this video features the Avengers Infinity Quest Target bank, the process is similar no matter what modern game you are working with.
Jump to Illumination Only Installation
Drop Target Installation:
- Remove glass and pinballs; lift playfield into upright position.
- Locate target bank on playfield; remove four screws holding target bank to playfield and disconnect wiring harness.
- On a flat surface, remove board from target bank, set aside. With the board removed, snap a quick photo of the bank from the side to aid in reassembling the parts in the correct order (a good practice to get into when taking pinball mechanisms apart).
- Beginning with one target, remove the spring attaching the target to the bank. Utilize the small flat headed screw driver to carefully pry the c/e clip from the target, holding your and over the clip to ensure it doesn't spring off and become misplaced.
- Remove all parts from first target and place in the following order (this is very helpful for reinstallation):
- Install targets, one at a time, beginning with part labeled (see photo above). To reinstall the c/e clip, utilize the needle nose pliers to push the clip back on to the post, using your fingers to guide the clip back into place. Repeat for each target. Reattach springs to each target. Double check your reassembly to the photo taken in step 4
- Reattach board on top of target bank and reinstall on playfield. Remove the adhesive backing and install the target bracket with the LED facing toward the bank. Be sure sufficient clearance exists between target and bracket. Firmly press on the target to activate the adhesive.
Target Illumination Installation
- Remove the adhesive backing and install the target bracket with the LED facing toward the bank. Be sure sufficient clearance exists between target and bracket. Firmly press on the target to activate the adhesive.
Proceed to Power adapter installation for target illumination kits.