DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
- Turn off game power. Remove playfield glass and balls.
- Pull playfield out so that it rests on the end of the service rails.
- From behind the backboard, remove the two screws holding the T-Rex head in place.
- Remove the bulb from the end of the wiring harness. Remove the protective backing on the adhesive strip on the pad LED. Hold the head with mouth facing toward you and feed the end of the LED wiring through the back of the mouth.
- Attach the 8SMD LED bracket to the top of the mouth holding firmly for a few seconds. PLEASE NOTE: the LED shown in this photo is different from the final version of this product. Final version is an 8SMD LED (round) mounted on a small rectangular bracket.
- Run the wiring under the T-Rex head and through to the back of the backboard. Reattach the T-Rex head using the stock hardware.
- Lift the playfield into the full upright position (upright but not locked like the tray table on the airplane). Locate the lowest most GI (General Illumination) Bulb on the bottom left. Use a hex head nut driver to remove the bayonet. Note: photo showing bayonet with product installed and will not have the white connector shown.
Note: if you are installing this product with the Ramp illumination, attach the splitter and then connect the Matrix bulb. Proceed to the Ramp Illumination instructions to complete installation.
- Remove the existing GI bulb by pushing down and twisting. Replace that bulb with the provided Matrix bulb. Adjust frosted dome so that it is as close as possible to bayonet. Reattach bayonet to game.
- Attach Matrix bulb connector to Spike LED connector as shown.
- Turn on game power to test LED functionality. If you have any issues with either light, check our troubleshooting instructions found here.
Installation is complete!