DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
NOTE: This product requires the replacement of one of your GI bulbs with a frosted white dome bulb. If you prefer not to utilize the replacement bulb, a set of alligator clips can be utilized instead. Please note that alligator clips are not intended for permanent connections and can come loose potentially causing shorts.
- Turn off the game and remove the glass. Remove balls and slide playfield onto service rails.
- Lift playfield into a standing position and locate a GI socket on the lower 1/4 of the playfield (note: the photo shows a sample GI socket and the location will vary from your game; select a socket that is positioned concealed under a playfield). Remove the socket using a hex driver on screw shown. Next, remove the factory bulb by pushing down and twisting. Replace the bulb with the one provided with the product and push down and twist to secure. Push the frosted dome down on the bulb so it is closer to the base of the LED. Reattach the GI socket. If desired, you can utilize the alligator clips (included) instead of replacing this bulb.
- Lower playfield and place on service rails and turn on game. Place tape included with your product on the back of the LED brackets. Observe lighting effects with different light locations and make any adjustments to placement desired prior to attaching brackets to backboard. The ramp will be attached to the back of the backboard with the LED facing downward toward the ramp. Firmly press the bracket to the backboard to attach- hold for 10 seconds to activate tape.
- Replace playfield - installation is complete!
- Having trouble with LED illuminating? See our support article on JST connector troubleshooting here.