DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
NOTE: WE RECOMMEND ATTACHING THE POWER SOURCE AND TESTING THE LED CHANNELS PRIOR TO ATTACHMENT TO YOUR GAME.
Connecting to Power Steps (SAM/Stern version)
- There are two ways to feed the wiring for the lighting system into the pinball cabinet. Option one is to loosen one of the vents or the speaker panel in the bottom of the game and feed the wiring through into the cabinet. Option two is to run the wiring up the rear of the back of the cabinet, tilting the back box forward and feeding the connection inside the cabinet.
- Open the backbox and locate the J11 connector. The location of this connection will vary by game so utilize your games manual to ensure you have the correct connector. Please note: in some games, this connection is called CN2. Unplug the J11 connector and attach to the Power adapter. The plug the second connection on the power adapter into J11 on the game.
- Attach the splitter to the Power Adapter and then connect the ends of the LEDs to the splitter. Prior to attaching LEDs to your game, turn on the game power to ensure LEDs are working.
- Attach the LED channel underneath the cabinet near the outside edge of the cabinet. Once LEDs are installed, pull any remaining slack from the wires into the cabinet to avoid additional weight pulling on the LED strips.
- For backbox lighting, attach LED channel either vertically or horizontally depending upon preference.
- Lower the playfield and installation is complete!