These instructions are applicable to the following products:
- All MM-ISCOOP-[COLOR]
Game specific instructions for this product found here:
Also used in:
- MM-IML-UNDERWORLD SCOOP
DANGER ELECTRICAL SHOCK
Pinball machines have high voltages which can cause DANGER TO LIFE AND LIMB. TURN POWER OFF and UNPLUG PINBALL MACHINE prior to installation. Pinball machines are high voltage and can cause electrical shock.
SAFETY GLASSES are also recommended while working with or installing pinball parts.
Please follow these safety instructions as well as all installation instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the pinball machine, accessory or other parts. Please see our Disclaimer for associated risks and responsibilities (Section 13 in our Terms of Service) prior to installation.
Images included in these instructions are of an installed prototype and may vary from your product slightly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the proper installation of this part, please contact us for assistance.
When removing screws from the playfield, reinstall by first turning them counter-clockwise to match the original groove in order to respect the integrity of the playfield wood.
The photos in this instruction set are for a specific game- YOUR GAME WILL VARY HOWEVER THE STEPS ARE THE SAME.
Game specific instructions available for these titles:
- Turn off your games power, remove the glass and pinballs.
- Lift the playfield into an upright position and locate the scoop mechanism (mid playfield on the right side).
- Attach scoop to outside of mechanism using adhesive provided; ensure light is facing toward interior of the scoop.
- Locate a GI bulb closest to the scoop mechanism (these examples show Godzilla), your game will vary in the location of this bulb however modern Stern GI bulb sockets all look similar to the one shown.
- Utilize a hex nut driver to remove the factory bulb. (Note: photo shows replacement bulb already installed).
- Remove the existing bulb by pushing in slightly while twisting and replace with the bulb provided. Push in and twist until it locks into place. You can also adjust the height of the bulbs dome so that it is closer to the top of the bayonet. Reattach the bayonet to the bottom of the playfield.
- Attach the wiring from the Interactive Lighting Kit to the replacement bulb wiring in the previous step.
- Locate the desired trigger for the scoop light (for example, use the Select City insert for GOZ, shown here or Mystery insert for Rush). Unscrew the LED board using a screw driver or hex nut driver.
- Slide the light sensor wiring through the bracket for next step. Plug the wiring from the GI bulb (step 7) and from the scoop light (step 3) into the Light Sensor board. The Light Sensor board features a sensitivity adjustment (shown with arrow) to fine tune the triggering of the lighting feature. A small screw driver is required to make sensitivity adjustments. See below for details on making these adjustments.
- Reattach the LED board with bracket underneath to the playfield leaving enough slack in the light sensor wiring to put the light sensor under the trigger light.
- Next, position the light sensor so that it is pointing toward the LED inside the insert. The more the sensor is blocked by the LED board from other lighting, the better.
- Tidy up the wiring along other wiring in the game. Please note you will likely have longer wiring than is required for your particular installation. ILS kits come with standard lighting lengths for a variety of uses.
- Lower the playfield and turn on your game to test the features functionality. Open the Diagnostics menu and navigate to LED test. Use the flipper buttons to navigate to the appropriate trigger light (in this case Select City). Ensure that the scoop is illuminating with the trigger light.
Light Sensitivity Adjustments
Once the ILS board is installed you may find that the output light may have some ghosting (slightly lit at all times) or that it isn't lighting bright enough. This is where the sensitivity adjustment comes into play.
Take great care when adjusting the ILS sensitivity screw, it is a small delicate item. It is best to do these adjustments with the power off for safety. Turning the adjustment clockwise will make the sensor less sensitive to light, and counter-clockwise more sensitive to light. If the output light is staying lit when the signal LED is off (ghosting), turn the adjustment a hair clockwise and test again, repeat until the desired effect is achieved. This may result in a slightly dimmer output light if over
The goal is to have as bright a light as possible without any ghosting.If the output light is too dim, turn the adjustment counter-clockwise a hair and re-test, repeat until the controlled
light is bright, and has no ghosting.